Full-Day Rally Driving Course
A full-day of tuition in either the rear wheel drive Ford RS2000 or the front wheel drive Mitsubishi (you must specify when booking if you have a preference to which car you want to drive, it isn't a case of turning up on the day and choosing), the day starts at 9am with a short drive to the 900 acre forest followed by a theory briefing before heading on to the two-mile stage. You will be instructed in specific rally driving techniques such as handbrake turns and power-sliding.
In the afternoon you will do two special stages before tackling the demanding 7 mile forest stage. There is a trophy for the person with the highest points for specific tasks and certificates for all. The fee includes picnic lunch and refreshments throughout the day. A picnic lunch and refreshments can be provided for spectators subject to a fee of £10 per person. (Must be booked at least 2 days prior to course).
This course is not suitable for for clients that compete...
ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN PRE-BOOKED. For £30 to finish off your course, why not have a fast lap with your instructor with you in the passenger seat. Please note this is only available for the participant on the course not guests attending with them and must be pre-booked along side course.
Exclusive merchandise is available to buy as a souvenir of your day at the Higgins Rally School. View the range of products here »
Our full-day rally driving course follows the following schedule:
- Arrive at Cambrian House for sign on.
- Depart for forest. Short theory session on loose surface car control. Commence training exercises with familiarisation of two mile forest stage. Taking turns with your fellow participants you'll get the chance to learn handbrake turns, braking and general close car control techniques.
- Picnic lunch.
- Further runs of the forest stages commence.
- Start of the 7 mile stage.
- Fast lap with instructor (if you have purchased this option)
- Certificates for all participants and a trophy for the person who has achieved the most points for tasks throughout the course including correct use of steering, use of throttle, road position, handbrake turns, use of weight transfer etc.